The Orange Community Council of PTAs (OCCPTA) is pleased to offer a scholarship program for graduating seniors. This scholarship is for continuing education at a four year College or University, a Community College or a Trade/Technical school. This award recognizes the achievements of students for volunteer service in the school and/or community.
The amount of each scholarship and the number of scholarships awarded will vary each year. The minimum award will be $500, but could be more.
Download the application —> occpta-hs-senior-scholarship
- You must be a graduating senior at an Orange Unified School District (OUSD) high school in the current year.
- You, the student, must be a member of your high school’s PTSA by December 31 of the current school year. If you are not a current member of your high school’s PTSA, you must join.
EVALUATION CRITERIA (listed in alphabetical order):
- GPA (2.5 or above)
- School activities
- Service to PTA
- Service to Community and/or work experience
Please complete application including essay, record of extra-curricular activities and reference. Your parent or guardian must sign the application. Your PTSA president or membership chairperson must verify your membership in the space provided on the application or attach a copy of your PTSA card.
Mail the application and all attachments to OCCPTA Senior Scholarships c/o OUSD, 1401 North Handy Street, Orange CA 92867 and postmarked no later than March 31. Please do not send your applications Return Receipt Requested, Certified Mail or requesting Signature Confirmation, since there is no one to sign for the packages and this method delays receipt of your applications by the committee.
OCCPTA will contact all successful applicants by mail no later than April 30. The decision of the OCCPTA Scholarship Committee is final.
PAYMENT OF AWARD
The award payment will be sent directly to the successful applicant upon verification of acceptance at an institution of higher education. In order to receive your scholarship during your high school’s senior awards ceremony, we must receive verification of acceptance by May 7. Otherwise, the award will be mailed to the address listed on your application. A scholarship award may be revoked if the student is subject to severe disciplinary action such as suspension or expulsion, or if the student fails to enroll in an institution of higher education.
If you have any questions about the OCCPTA Scholarship Program, or wish to confirm receipt of your application, please contact the current Scholarship Chairman listed on our website at: https://occpta.wordpress.com/about-us/member-info/.
Type or print in black/blue ink. Be as complete as possible. Attach additional pages if necessary.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of an OUSD high school in the current school year.
- GPA (2.5 or above)
- Applicant must be a member of the PTSA of the high school from which he/she is graduating by March 1st. Attach a copy of your PTSA card or have your PTSA President or Membership Chairman confirm PTSA Membership in the space provided on the front page of this application.
Completed application must be mailed to OCCPTA Senior Scholarships, c/o OUSD at 1401 North Handy Street, Orange CA 92867, postmarked no later than March 31st.