CONTINUE YOUR EDUCATION WITH PTA SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NURSES, TEACHERS, COUNSELORS AND VOLUNTEERS
The application process for 2015 is now closed.
THREE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
- For nurses – Registered Nurses are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship for School Nurses. You must be employed in a California public school during the preceding year, have a nursing contract for the current year – and assignment in – at least one PTA school, plan to continue as a public-school nurse, and use the scholarship at approved institutions or providers, such as nursing schools, hospitals, organized nursing groups and private providers that meet California Board of Registered Nursing requirements. For reference only, you may download and view the application for school nurses.
- For teachers and counselors – Credentialed teachers and counselors who have a minimum of three years’ experience in a California public school are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship for Credentialed Classroom Teachers and Counselors. You must be employed in a California public school during the preceding year and plan to continue working as a teacher or counselor. For reference only, you may download and view the application for teachers and counselors.
- For volunteers – PTA volunteers with at least three years of service are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship. Your scholarship must be used for advanced studies at accredited California colleges, universities, trade and technical schools. For reference only, you may download and view the application for volunteers.
The application process for 2015 is now closed. Nurses, teachers/counselors and volunteers must apply for scholarships by October 15. The scholarship must be used January 1 – December 31 following the year of award; proof of your enrollment and completion of coursework must be provided to California State PTA by June 1.
All scholarships require current membership at PTAs in good standing, so if you’re not yet a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to contact your local PTA and join today!For general questions about these important programs, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman via firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
Your education doesn’t end once you walk across that high-school graduation stage.
That’s why California State PTA has two scholarships to help you achieve your college dreams and your life goals.
OPPORTUNITIES EACH YEAR
Two scholarships are available for your application:
- $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship — This scholarship recognizes graduating seniors for their volunteer service in schools and communities, allowing them to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools. Applicants must be PTA members graduating from a California high school between January 1 and June 30 of the current academic year. Applications, reference forms and letters must be received by California State PTA by February 1; proof of enrollment and completion of coursework must be provided to California State PTA by June 1.
- $500 Dr. Ralph E. White Graduating Senior Scholarship – Honoring the volunteer and public-service legacy of Dr. Ralph E. White and his wife, Eleanor, this additional scholarship provides $500 each to two successful applicants of the Volunteer Service Scholarship who intend to pursue a career in a medical field.
All applicants are notified of their status in March. Scholarship winners receive a letter of congratulations and recognition certificate from California State PTA along with a check.
For questions and more information, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to include these items in your application:
- Proof of your PTA membership
- Descriptive essay (maximum two pages) outlining your PTA responsibilities and your career plans, goals, objectives and any other information you feel would be valuable to the selection committee
- All of your school service-related activities including any service you provide to others in your school
- Your volunteer service in the community
- Two completed reference forms and letters, written specifically for this application (first reference written by a community volunteer leader unrelated to you and with whom you volunteered; second reference written by a member of the high-school faculty)
- If you are mailing a hard copy of your application packet, please remember to ask that reference forms and letters be given to you in a sealed envelope for you to include in the packet; if you’re applying online, provide the link specified in the online application to your two referees to submit their completed reference forms and letters.