Happy new school year and welcome 2016-2017, PTA Officers! I hope your students have had a good first week and that you are all settling in to your back to school routines.
As of July 1, 2016 you have been officers of your PTA/PTSA as well as members of Orange Community Council of PTAs. Our council is part of the largest district in California.
Thank you for volunteering your time and energy toward the betterment and advocacy of your children’s educational experience! It’s going to be an exciting and wonderful year! Expect to GROW (figuratively speaking, of course)!
Your attendance to our council meetings will help you to stay informed of news of Orange Unified School District, important legislative child advocacy issues and provide you access to tools and resources on academic, parenting and PTA topics. 30 minutes prior to our meeting, the Executive Board will be available to offer support, answer questions, and provide direction to any of your PTA/PTSA needs.
Attached is the agenda for your review. Please let me know if you have anything you’d like to share with group. This could be best practices, promotion of an event, recognition, etc. I will be happy to add you to it so you can spotlight your PTAs achievements!
This email might be a tiny bit overwhelming! However, you are PTA President! You were elected to be the leader of your student’s school. I’m confident you can handle it!
There are a few things that require your attention:
- Mark your calendars for our first meeting – Wednesday, September 7 at 9:00 a.m at the Orange School District Office(1401 N Handy St., Building J, Orange, 92867). Our meetings are the firstWednesday of every month unless otherwise noted. Please make every effort to attend. If you are unable to attend, please send a representative to attend on your school’s behalf.
- Bring your PTA calendar of events and meetings
- Bring your membership remittance of $5.35/member along with the remittance form (attached below)
- Bring your insurance premium payment of $221 along with the remittance form (attached below)
- Bring your $25 Annual Council Assessment Fee along with the remittance form (attached below)
- Bring 2 copies of your Association approved budget for 2015-16
- Bring 2 copies of your end-of-year audit for your Unit
- Bring 2 copies of your Annual Financial Report or your last year-to-date treasure’s report for 2015/16
- Back by popular demand is our PTA Presidents’ incentive program (PRIZES!) for attendance and completing tasks early or by the due date! (attached for your reference.
- If you or members of your board missed officer training that was provided in June, we have more training scheduled for September 7th & 8th at National University. Please encourage your Board Members to attend the training as it is very worthwhile and full of useful and important information. Early registration deadline is 8/29 (take advantage of the discounted rate!) More information here – http://www.fourthdistrictpta.org/training-workshops
- PTA insurance rate has changed. The fee is now $221. Your PTA unit is required to pay this premium to remain in good standing.
- Please review PTA EZ and update your executive board contact information. If you don’t have an account, please set one up. This program has been created in partnership with CAPTA for your use in identifying, recording and publishing PTA unit officer info at all PTA levels. You do not have to be a PTAEZ subscriber to enter and view information, but you can also access the Officer/Board Member Contact module from within your unit’s PTAEZ account. The information is private and for the use of PTA, and is not to be distributed outside of the program. Here’s the link to sign up: https://ptaez.org/(S(zvt3i255najzrw45g2p5wz45))/index.aspx
- I would like to encourage you to visit our council website at: occ-pta.org where you will find a wealth of resources to help you along with your PTA leadership. You may also follow me on Twitter @occptapresident and like our Facebook page Orange Community Council of PTAs.
I look forward to meeting with you in a couple of weeks!